Yesterday when I was making my last trip to the Huntington metro, I encountered Christopher Walken again. He and I must really have a connection, because he looked up from the booth and saw me, and I saluted to him in a half-wave and he signaled to me with the "OK" sign. I think he knew it would be my last trip there and wanted to acknowledge my leaving. Thanks, metro man. I'll miss you too.
In other news, the move went incredibly well yesterday. Thanks to everyone who helped. I'm a little bugged that I have class till 9 tonight, because I just want to go home and empty boxes. Good thing a three-day weekend is coming up! (Four days for Robbie... what?!?)
We've already made friends with the neighbors, who are so nice and friendly. We have this big bay window that opens up onto our street, and the next-door neighbors were walking by and waved to us as they came home from work. It's like college all over again. We chatted and exchanged numbers with them and another guy who lives on the same street... it's so weird to be in a place where the neighbors actually want to know you. Our last place was the complete opposite--as we drove away from the old house with our caravan of cars, the neighbors just went about their business on their front lawns, as if we weren't even there. Oh well. I guess that's partly our fault too for being really awkward? Or for being the only renters in the area? Whatever. I'm over it already.
And one last thing--this fall-ish weather?? I almost cried with joy this morning on our walk to the metro. It was glorious. 74 degrees right now and a nice breeze... I might take an extra long lunch today just to make sure I can take it all in.
Well, won't be long before we can see it "in the flesh" as they say!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the move (I'm excited to see pictures)! And I'm so jealous about your weather. The 90s are getting to me, plus there is ice in my swamp cooler and I'm pretty sure it's going to explode any second and I'd love to give it a rest.
ReplyDeletehooray.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the neighborhood. Looking forward to seing your face on Sunday.
ReplyDelete