05 May 2010

No sleep till Brooklyn

I thought that I didn't have many pictures left... but I guess I do. Here's the stuff we did the rest of the weekend!

Café Lalo with Jendar and the best waffle OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!! And look how huge Robbie's quiche is. Geez.

Central Park.

The Highline (love!) with Tim, Cocoa, Robbie and the hugest cookie ever from Levain Bakery. Thanks for the bakery recommendation, Julie!

Union Square where a May Day immigration protest was going on. Wish I'd gotten a picture of the one guy in opposition holding a "GO HOME" sign. He didn't look like he had many friends.

A singles ad board (with favorite and least favorite books) at Word in Greenpoint. Not surprisingly, many of them were "Woman seeking man" requests. (Click on the picture for a better view.) Not a bad idea though. I wonder how many have found their literary love.

Robbie thinking about capitalism.

The Brooklyn Bridge. Such a gorgeous view at night (with some delicious ice cream from Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory).

Hell's Kitchen Flea Market and gourmet food truck bazaar with Tim and the Singleys, where I found a cute skirt and I ate the best carne asada burrito OF MY LIFE! I'm not exaggerating. It was worth the wait in the hot sun and humidity (even though I've got a bit of a burn). I think it would be the one thing stopping me from becoming a vegetarian. I'm a little bummed that Big Gay Ice Cream wasn't offering bacon topping that day or I would have stood in line for that, too.

Central Park with old BYU buddies the Cooks. (And a topless man behind Justin.) Brecken put it really nicely when she said, "Justin has a great memory, and Hannah likes sharing information." We really could talk for hours.

Overall, a great weekend with great friends and great food. Haha. My life revolves around food. But whatever! We're excited to go back and see more friends and sights that we missed.

And eat more food.

8 comments:

  1. gahhhh, what an amazing weekend!
    and how is it that all my friends are friends with Jendar? oh, this small world of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i luv jendar. and apparently you know megan shirk too? i saw her at church on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh waffles. Those really were the good old days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes megan is so funny! i've never heard anyone talk as fast or be as funny as her. you are a close runner-up, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't know ANYONE that can talk as fast as The Shirk. except for a girl (who, unfortunately, is not as funny as shirk either) in my program that talks so fast that she could be an auctioneer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no kidding. i think she is the daughter of this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2egGfd5j_k

    i'm pretty sure at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last year I went on a walking food tour of Greenwich Village. It was well worth it. There is also a restaurant called Serendipity that is worth going too. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous of your fun adventure.

    Maybe I can persuade Dad to take a side trip the next time we do Boston.

    It could happen!

    ReplyDelete