(what is a fox doing in that house??)
I've been super stressed out at the amount of work and school I've decided to take on this summer but leaving work yesterday was really liberating. I met up with Julie for some face time and a great chat. I headed to my first session of my digital imaging class (which is IN the Natural History Museum, so now I can respond appropriately to people who respond "Like Night at the Museum?" when I tell them I'm doing a masters in museum studies) where I learned all kinds of weird things that the Smithsonian has in their vaults (like OJ Simpson's DNA?). I got home super late and Robbie had ordered a pizza from our favorite take-out place, Quattro Formaggi. And THEN, nature blessed us with an amazing lightning/thunder/rain storm and we sat on the bed together in the dark playing Robbie's recent favorite album. And life was good.The stress is still a little bit there. But I'm feeling good. This relaxing long weekend will feel good, too. I need some tips on unwinding. Please? Have you ever worked 40 hours a week and taken twelve credits of school at the same time? Because if you have, I need to know how you did it.
Well, I was teaching while I was taking 6 graduate credits (considered full-time) and I had a houseful of kids - at least you and Eliza and Noah.
ReplyDeleteI survived - but you guys did a lot too.
Maybe have some kids move in with you!! hahaha
Funny thing . . . you will survive . . . and you will look back and think those were the days. So, for as crazy as it may seem right now - this is just another example of something you would like to tell your younger self.
ReplyDeletegeez, i wish i knew how to do it! making it through a year-long grad school program i think permanently damaged my sanity and temporarily damaged my will to live. but i really learned a lot from that year and this will be something you can be so proud of yourself for in a little bit. that probably doesn't help now, but hey. pepper it with weekend getaways and staycations. and sing a lot of doo-wop.
ReplyDeleteMy last year of undergrad I had three jobs, was taking 14 credits and was working on my senior project (and other people's). It was terrible. Now if I get even a little overworked I freak out because I don't ever want to do it again. But the good side of all this is that now I am much more committed to working in down time and figuring out how to be a "in the moment" sort of girl.
ReplyDeleteI love the cat and the fox. No help on your job-school problems. If you needed advice on how to take care of three kids, take a class (only one, sad) while your husband took 15 credits, worked two jobs and was the elders quorum president, I would be there for you.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. And you will be glad you did it when it is all over.