07 May 2010

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

...almost.

Actually, my bags are NOT packed and I'm suffering from a little bit of travel anxiety. It happens every time I fly. It's gotten a little better since I got married (we both go down together, right? *nervous laughter*) but it's still rough to fly and take buses without feeling a little queasy. And the ride will be bumpy in Guatemala. So, yes, motion sickness combined with fears about going to a new place where I don't speak the language = hard times for Hanner. But it's okay! I (am learning to) love adventure. And I'm trying to loosen up. It's my new life goal. Plus, I have this view to look forward to by the end of the week:


Heyo!!

Alright, back to business. See you all in a week or so. I will miss you.

Truly.

8 comments:

  1. do you ever take dramamine? or use those nifty wrist bands? motion sickness is killer (as I know from every time I ride the metro).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you got nervous about traveling!! You do need to loosen up. You're going to get there fine and have a blast! I'm jealous, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Lago de Atitlan? Guatemala was so beautiful and the people were amazing. Try and get into the small villages as much as possible. AND bring plenty of Dramamine. As one who gets very motion sick, winding mountain roads can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just have robbie punch you in the face to knock you out. i kept asking mark to do that, but sadly he wouldn't. if that doesn't work, drink a lot of club soda.

    do not, i repeat do not get on a chicken bus and you will be totally fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh like i said it's so breathtaking. it will be worth the chaotic moments. i wish i sent with you some pictures of the children to get ya through the plane ride. :) nooo you'll love it!!!! have a blast!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a great time and hope the travel part goes better than you expect. i have no advice, just well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, brad doesn't talk like that, but meg does, and meg really did in that comment (i correct this really more for brad's sake, you know? so he doesn't see the comment and wonder why he doesn't remember saying it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propranolol

    i take this sometimes before a stressful event. i get so much anxiety sometimes that i can't hold my hands still. helps a little. and not super addictive like xanax.

    ReplyDelete