Lots of things on my mind this week. Missing friends and family and being nostalgic. Megan is marrying her one true love tomorrow. Tim is having a rough week. Isla is growing up before mine eyes. My one wish in my life is to have all the people I love living on my street. I'd even settle for the same time zone.
All the missing aside, I've made a lot of great gains in friends since we've moved out here. We've been lucky.
It'll be a great weekend.
And now I leave you with Ida, learning how to scroll through pictures by herself on Robbie's phone (success!), wearing her brother Theo's shirt. She really wanted me to put it on her, so I did. But only after I tried it on myself. It actually wasn't that bad; it was just a challenge to get it off. Moral of the story: you probably shouldn't be trying on three year-old boy's clothing when you're in your twenties.
i think i remember saying this about another niece/nephew of your's before but that is a reallllly cute baby.
ReplyDeletei hope you have a wonderful weekend! i'm feeling just the opposite with my classes. it's crunch time for me now and i'm going crazy.
ReplyDeleteTom is at a medical conference in DC as we speak. (or blog) It sounds like a great weekend for him. Although I will miss him!
ReplyDeleteI haven't commented in a long time but I am still reading. I totally echo your thoughts about having the people you love live close by. It's hard sometimes, but it is so nice to have them to love ~ wherever they are!
ReplyDeleteI, too, miss all of my family and friends and wish that they were closer. However, this summer will rock. We will be home for the entire summer. We will be in DC at the beginning of September.
ReplyDeleteto the weekend!
ReplyDeletewe miss you guys. it's hard being in a long distance relationship, but i hope we can conquer state boundaries very soon.
xoxo