15 April 2010

Celebration!

Guys! Thanks for all of your comments on the last few posts. Some of them made me laugh out loud (Courtney's "make a family night" suggestion in particular), and all of them made me happy to have great friends/family with great suggestions. So thanks.

I've been caught up in the stress of the semester. So much to do! And so little time. So I'm going to take a page from Rose's book today and list some things that I'm celebrating right now to remind myself that life, in fact, is awesome.

(my celebration dance... really, look at this picture for more than 2 seconds and try not to laugh.)

-School is out in two weeks!
-New Salt-Water Sandals! No more cracked soles for me, at the cost of looking 3 years old. But I don't even care!
-8 hours of sleep last night after a week of wonky sleep patterns!
-It's supposed to get up to 70 today!
-Jimi Hendrix on repeat! I love this song today!
-My BFFFL Tim and his doggy are coming to stay with us next weekend!
-My cousin Hannah is coming to Virginia in May!
-My friends both near and far!
-My boss isn't in this morning!
-Robbie is done working late nights (for now) after tonight!
-Summer is coming!

I'm sure I could think of a million more things to list.

What are YOU celebrating today?

10 comments:

  1. wait wait wait. you have a COUSIN named hannah??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. and she is 13 days older than me. what are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the fact that I'm dilated to a "3 plus" and 95% effaced? You guys might be getting another niece in a week or so! (I'm guessing a "3 plus" is over a 3 but not quite a 4...) In fact my doctor made me change my next appointment to a day earlier just in case I don't go into labor before then! So that and the fact that I can still touch my toes makes me dance too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, new babies and other family members coming in - and friends too. Sounds like enough to make anyone happy.

    We are here with Phoebe and crew - and they make us smile minute by minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did this same exact dance two days ago when i turned in my thesis.

    p.s. im coming to d.c. next weekend. lets get dinner? yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm celebrating the fact that i found a purple dress for my sister's wedding! next week! (it was an ordeal.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. why isn't anyone else celebrating today? is it ace ventura's knobby knees?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm celebrating your blog. i keep coming back to it to look at the gif. well done.

    also i'm celebrating short hair and reinvigorating my work out regimen. i will get steel buns, i will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture picture is hilarious. I'm celebrating Jordan finishing his last class of law school. Ever. Now it's just on to finals, taking the bar, and finding a job.

    ReplyDelete