02 February 2010

Three years


Three years ago today I met Robbie for the first time at a party. I went to the party with a guy I had a HUGE crush on, knowing that he didn't like me back, so Megan dared me to say hi to Robbie. So, I did. And then we went on our first date a month later. And then he kissed me the night before our second date. And now here we are.

Talking to Julie last night about how long she has known her affianced makes three years seem like nothing. And it is really short, even though I feel like I've known Robbie forever.

Sigh. We were so young! (We're still so young but whatever.) And in this picture Robbie and I had only been "officially" dating for like a week, which makes me laugh because Robbie and I are holding onto each other for dear life. We just really liked each other.

9 comments:

  1. hearing about love stories never gets old.

    i didn't even know nate existed at this time in 2007. crazy. how is that even possible?

    happy meetiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 years? It feels like longer, even to me. Yesterday was mine and Spencer's 8 year dating anniversary! We had had our first date a few months before that, but I didn't like him then; the 1st was when we made it "official" that we were dating.
    And btw, we still hold each other like that. It'll last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great picture! and it looks like it was taken today - you guys don't age. oh, to be young again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah! i was so excited to see your comment! BYU bloggers unite! and here is an amen for friends who are always there to encourage us to do things we dont want to do but really do want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And two years ago today Carrie and I came to your Center Street onramp house and watched (slept through) Groundhog Day with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the day of your first date - I was turning left onto Huntington Drive on my way to a class at APU. You told me about your date and about Robbie. I can see it all in my mind!!

    Seems longer ago than 3 years though - seems like I haven't had a class in ten years.

    And it feels like we've known Robbie forever too!!

    And of course you look young! You are young!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very VERY darling!

    glad I got to meet you in person and in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I love the pose. Pure joy right here
    2. The fact that your mother can remember she was turning LEFT when she heard the news is SO classic.
    3. Hooray for using a traditional way of meeting your boy ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it was i who took this picture. thank you.

    ReplyDelete