16 February 2010

The honeymoon is over.

Back to work today. It's bittersweet, really. But I do have spring break to look forward to in just a month! (Which doesn't actually mean I get work off... I have a few semesters before that dream comes true. Sigh.)

This past weekend was fabulous. On Friday Robbie and I went on our annual not-actually-on-the-holiday Valentine's date, and in keeping with tradition we went to an overrated restaurant. Last year it was Bombay House, this year it was Pizzeria Paradiso. Okay, I'm being too harsh, because Robbie's pizza was yummy, but we did wait over an hour (just like we did last year!) and I was so hungry I started crying at the table. My life is hard, I know.

Saturday was a painting extravaganza at Chez MarkandJulie complete with lots of laughs and making new friends. We followed it up with a dessert night at the Purdy home (NUTELLA BROWNIES??!) and reconnected with BYU friend Christopher and his lovely and talented wife Amelia. They are Virginia folk now too and we hope to visit them soon!

Sunday and Monday were nice and relaxing. Made some pizza and hung some curtains, spent last night at Busboys and Poets doing homework because our heater is on the fritz.

Hmm... what else?


Oh yes. Burgers. With all of our spare time this past week we did not skimp in the kitchen. Do yourself a favor and make yourself a black bean burger, compliments of my lovely friend Andrea. We topped it off with homemade guac (we're obsessed with America's Test Kitchen's version) and homemade buns. (We didn't eat all of those buns in one sitting.)


Bless you, Drea.

8 comments:

  1. a word on the burgers - if i were to do it again i would either cut the recipe in half or make eight patties instead of four. They were so huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please send one of those burgers to california? i am drooling a little at my desk!!

    ps FUN safe - best comment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things, first, Bombay House is so beyond overrated and I'm mad I ever ate there. Second, I love me some black bean delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! So glad you liked them too. Also, homemade buns?! Well played, Hamills. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless. You are an absolute genius, and a credit to this state. Without you there is no Virginia, and without Virginia...? You tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The burgers look good - are you practicing up for when we come next fall??

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I hope you make some when we come to visit (date unknown)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bless your sweet souls hannah and robbie. every minute with you two is magical. i can't wait for our roadtrip down to the cucumber tree to see the johnsons.

    ReplyDelete