By the way, we have really nice neighbors. (We even get a neighborhood newsletter!) Our porch-sittin' neighbors Raymond and Gloria like to chat, and they like to lend us their lawnmower. Gloria came over and talked to me while I was finishing up and said, "Mmhmm, yard work is hard!" I'd rather do it than read my 600 page textbook that I have to have read in a week, though. I also like doing yard work when Gloria keeps me company.
I wish that I had before and after pictures, but Eliza can attest that it was pretty bad before. Our lawn is actually about 90% weeds, so at least the weeds are looking nicer. And you just can't tell from these pictures that the house doesn't look like it's sitting in a field anymore.

I just wish my adolescent self could hear me admit all of this. I'm pretty sure that I used to hate weeding with a passion. It just never used to be this satisfying.
The house looks great. And don't you just LOVE the amount of reading you get to do? :P
ReplyDeleteWeeding is good for the soul!!
ReplyDeleteLooks great.
I sewed all day - and didn't get my project finished.
Oh, well.
When I was 12, I got really sick and had to have a home tutor for a term. I got sooooo bored at home that I ripped out four garbage bags of weeds from the yard. I figured my mom could finally do what she'd always wanted to with the yard, but a few weeks later, they were all back . . .
ReplyDeleteBut yeah, nice job.
That's the thing about weeds - it's like dishes or bed making - always there to do again - and again!!
ReplyDeleteI'm just thinking of the title of this post, and it seems a teenage daughter would do just as well, as per your history, and all.
ReplyDeleteI'm an adult, and I still hate weeding. But it looks great from here!
my comment from Aunt Mary is on the above entry.
ReplyDeleteeven if your house isn't done, can we just come over and sit on your porch in the evening? that looks so charming i just about died.
ReplyDelete