29 August 2008

Hawaii

Well, I've finally gotten around to uploading and posting picture albums on Facebook of all our adventures, but I'll just try to summarize a day at a time.

We got to Hawaii on Thursday afternoon and spent a little time on the 22nd floor of the Hilton. Boo yah!


They have penguins.


And flamingos.


We didn't do much else that day except for walk around Waikiki. Mostly just a tourist spot that Robbie said isn't very representative of Hawaii in general. So the next week (when we got back from Kwaj) we went to the North Shore. Definitely prettier!

Up there we met up with one of Robbie's old mission companions, checked out the Laie temple, caught the night show at the PCC (for only 10 bucks!)... apparently you get a major discount when you know someone who works there.

Then we came back to Waikiki that night, and did some other touristy things like Pearl Harbor, Punchbowl Cemetery, some statues, and... whatever. Check out the album here (you don't need to be a member to see it).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting more pics - we are all interested here at Chez Terrill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you dive under waimea rock? or at least jump off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah right I'm not a CRAZY but I snorkeled around it

    ReplyDelete