11 May 2008

Mother, I love you

In my almost 23 years, changing my nasty casts was probably was one of the easier and more enjoyable things that I've put my mom through.

Thanks Mom. And Happy Mother's Day.

10 comments:

  1. What a cute baby you were.

    Your mom is so pretty. I think Eliza and you look a lot like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny--she looks just like your mom. why did you have casts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, like such famous names as Lord Byron, had club feet. She wore the casts for 6 months - after that she wore the Dr. Brown splint when she slept at night. And she wore those funny baby shoes that look like they are on the wrong feet.

    They are so much more hi tech now - they use fiberglass casts that Velcro on and off. I had to dissolve the casts with vinegar every two weeks and then take her to be recast.

    She was a very good sport about the whole thing - and her doctor was in our Stake Presidency and he was a hoot - and his wife was usually the one assisting and I loved her too.

    So it wasn't the worst thing with Hannah I've ever dealt with - I'd say knocking out her teeth was worse - although it didn't last 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember the casts too - they weren't so bad -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I have glimpsed this list that includes Lord Byron and Hannah, I must know who else is on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep reading about famous people - usually long ago - who had club feet - but I can only remember Lord Byron - many say it's why he was so scandalous - to keep people from noticing his club feet - which they didn't repair back then.

    Maybe if we google it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir Walter Scott, Thaddeus Stevens, Mia Hamm, Kristi Yamguchi and Daman Wayans, to name a few!

    (There are "clubfoot" clubs - for people with club feet, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is this about knocking out hannah's teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know that fancy-footed folk such as Kristi Yamaguchi and Mia Hamm had club feet too.

    And Mom, according to your comment it does sound a little bit like you were the one that knocked out my teeth...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hannah fell of her bike going down the fairly steep street we live on - she was five - it was pretty traumatic too. We've blogged it before - more than once I think.

    ReplyDelete