I thought about it a lot because something happened this past week that may or may not have been because I'm guilty of judging someone. It may not be that--I'll never know, and frankly, I don't want to know.
Then, I got to thinking more about how difficult it is to love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you? Pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you? I'm human--I have a hard time with this. I'm working on it. Really. And it was a harsh reality that I had to come to grips with.
So in the meantime, while I work on blessing those that curse me, here are some angry raps that helped cool my anger, courtesy of the D.O.C., who is willing and able to quickly produce sick rhymes at the drop of a hat and especially in my time of need.
my landlords breathin all down my neck
me and my girls we gots to protect
our home our keep our domicile
see if we stay servile when we lose our smiles
***
if i had a gun id just pull the trigger
but instead ill eat sweets and lose my figure
if the landlord was black hed be a (don't go there, D)
aint gonna pay no rent, instead he'll get my finger
***
a knife to your throat
sacrifice you like a goat
oh no did i stain the carpet
feel free to take it outta my deposit*
*this one was actually Gmailed to Megan and posted on her blog first, so I can't take full credit for it
Word...we talked about all of the judging too, on Sunday, and I thought a lot about it. It's hard.
ReplyDeleteIt's especially hard not to judge people who hate you, despitefully use you, persecute you...or even just hurt your feelings.
Why is Gmail now a verb for you?
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to not judge people. I struggle with that. I guess everyone does. It is just natural to have a reaction to a person or action. My problem is to not judge people and situations when they don't have anything to me.
ReplyDeleteI've been judging people all my life. Your dad would say to me, when I vented my anger, "Barb, they really didn't set out today to make you angry. It just happened. They may not even know you're angry." (Hence if you "have aught with your brother, etc.")
ReplyDeleteIt's good to remember that.
But I often don't.
I'm working on it.
My problem is that I judge the judgers, therefore making me a judger.
ReplyDeleteI'm always like, "Who do they think they are!? They don't know my heart or anything about me...I can't stand little-minded people!"
Doi!
ReplyDeletewhat fantastic raps!!! i would like to sign that honkey to my label.
ReplyDelete-shug knight