12 October 2006

Secrets

Sometimes there is a woman who walks right up behind me at my desk at work and it always scares me. One of these times I want to exaggerate my surprise and scare the crap out of her.

I like reading other people's blogs/MySpace pages. I am a stealth bloggerette. They don't know I'm there, but most of the posts confirm the notion that there is life outside of Provo.

I hope that there are stealth blogger(ette)s reading my blog.

I want to leave but I am afraid. My life is here.

I am afraid to put off grad school, but I'm not ready to commit to a two-year program... somewhere.

I want to be a city girl. I want to walk down the streets of New York in high heels.

I don't own a pair of heels.

I have a secret crush.

I read Post Secret every Monday morning because I think that there will be a secret on there from someone I know and love. And I already have what it would say planned out in my head. (Hint: it is not from my secret or my not-so-secret crush.)

I'm not very smart.

I've gotten into the habit of not showering as often as I used to. Brother-in-law Matt claims that boys can tell when you don't shower, so I started showering again. But today my hair smells worse than when it is dirty. Dumb!

Goth Prom is stressing me out way more than it should.

"The Piper" by ABBA is a really good song. I think I like it more than a normal person should.

I hate it when people ask me one of two things: "Do you date much?" and "So, you're 21. Are you going on a mission?"

I think that I am cute and fairly normal. Why don't boys like me? Why don't I date?

Seriously!

8 comments:

  1. I read your blog even though I don't usually comment and I don't really know you that well. I hope that is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's okay because we're family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 AM

    From one "stealth bloggerette" to another, may I assure you there is life outside of Provo? Don't succumb to the pervading notion that your imagined life is impossible or that said life must come to fruition in that "you can do anything but there is always some other saint who will do it better" neighborhood. Within every safe place there is a hostile interior called complacency. So, this advice I give to you as a BYU grad who did her mission at 21, has always played by the rules, and considers the Beatles to be an inviolable source of art/joy: buy the heals and wear them like SoHo is watching, never feel guilty for not serving a mission, the only location life is tied to is where you live it, and act on the crush..."a girl likes to be crossed in love a little now and then."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, we've got multiple stealth bloggerettes.

    My opinion about the heels: I do NOT understand how people can do that. Walk long distances in heels, that is. (By long I'm talking a city block or more.) When I commuted on the metro I'd see people tottering around looking all glam in their pointy toes but I just KNEW they were feeling tortured inside.

    Because I have done it.

    And I will tell you that it HURTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.P.S. I agree about the safe place and complacency thing. It's hard to make big leaps but after awhile and the initial difficulties and questioning of choices (witness: me sobbing on my couch after moving to DC with no job, no money, and no insurance, oh yeah and that baby coming...then 2 months later, feeling great about literally everything in life) it feels good for having stretched.

    Really!

    Not knowing how long that initial adjustment period is going to last, though...that's really hard. Because a week, a month, 2 months, is hardly anything in the big picture--even 6 months or a year isn't much--but at the time it seems endless.

    Also...I don't think there's anything wrong with staying in one place, even if it's your "comfort zone," because there's always some good you can do wherever you are, and you can still grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:29 PM

    I'm another stealth bloggerette and I like your blog (o:

    ReplyDelete