I am a hopeless romantic. Since I don't have/haven't had/probably will never have much of a love life, I get far too excited over things that aren't real. For example... "Moulin Rouge," "Pearl Harbor," "Sixteen Candles," "Shag," and "A Walk to Remember." Not so much that last one... but seriously... sometimes I just wish that things happened like they do in the movies!! Ugh. And I get all excited when I hear songs... I'm like "aww... I wish I had a boyfriend, then he could know my favorite songs" lol. I mean COME ON!! I need to snap out of it!!! I wallow in my self-misery a lot, if you couldn't tell. Not like I'm miserable, I guess. But for those of you who have seen "Moulin Rouge"... "ALways this RIDEEECULOUS obSESSION with LOVE!!!" And I do. I have a ridiculous obsession with love. I just wish I could be in a movie, just so I could at least pretend to be in love! Sirrusly... it's horrible. I don't even know why I crave it so much. I mean I hate it when my friends have boyfriends. Well... not HATE... but for example, Chris and Mel-Dogg get on my nerves sometimes. They're just a little too touchy-feely for comfort lol. Oh well. At least I know that if I ever fall in love... it'll probably be a huge... I dunno, surprise I guess? Not surprise. Well... let's say I get a brand new car in a few years. It'll probably be WAY way cooler than if I had a brand new car in the first place... catch my drift? So when I fall in love... it'll be like driving a BMW after driving an 18 year-old Volvo for a long time. Nice analogy. But that's just how I see it.
I got my Moulin Rouge poster! Well I ordered it, at least. It should come soon. But I'm telling you... I'm now a huge advocate for eBay. Now I want that Robert Doisneau poster... the one where the couple is kissing outside the hotel. See??? I always have to be surrounded by love lol.
So I went to my callback today for Guys and Dolls. Quite frankly... I hope that I get to be a Hot Box dancer. But my audition... argh, I just have that nagging feeling that I didn't do as well as I should have. I don't know. But we'll see. Mr. Segal is posting the cast tomorrow... so pray for me, dangit!
I downloaded the video for "Cry" by Mandy Moore from the movie, and then "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. That's what triggered my sudden flood of emotions lol. Ach, but it makes me so sad and happy at the same time. Also, I read "Betsy and the Great World" last night (over a nice bowl of Reese's ice cream and rocky road ice cream... at 2 in the morning... maybe that ALSO explains the emotions), and I got all "aawww..." inside when I read the last chapter. I never understood why Eliza cried when she read the last chapter, but now I know why lol. And then also on Saturday, I read "Betsy and Joe," and dude... I love that book. Especially the last chapter. "But I've been doing a lot of thinking, Betsy. That Plan has been twisted about to let you in. You're in it, now, that's all. I wouldn't like it without you. I wouldn't give a darn for my old Plan if you couldn't be in it." AAAAH!!! Me and my hopeless romanticism lol.
Well... I should go now. This keyboard is getting on my nerves because sometimes it doesn't type the letters I want! Okay! Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment