27 July 2008

I went to see The Beatles perform and all I got was this soggy blanket

In continuing with the tradition of seeing cover bands perform, we went and saw Classical Mystery Tour perform with the Utah Symphony Orchestra at Deer Valley. I love The Beatles as much as/more than I love ABBA so this was quite a treat. However, the weather gods were not smiling upon us and about 75% of the concert consisted of us being rained upon. Consequently I couldn't really take more pictures than these ones:

It was fun, though, so our spirits weren't dampened like our blankets were. Here are a couple more pictures:

As you can see, the band relies more on the audience's perception from a distance, since they don't really look like the original members at all up close.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you documented this momentous event in Beatle history

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so disillusioned now that I've seen what they really look like.

    ReplyDelete