Monday/Tuesday
Something frustrating to me about holidays is that I have to have two Mondays. The holiday usually isn't that bad, but going back to my routine on Tuesday usually sucks the life out of me. BYU also makes it a little bit more difficult by assigning the Monday schedule to Tuesday, so the day really drags on.
Anyway, I definitely had a case of the Mondays today, and as I was obsessively cleaning my house in order to release a little bit of the tension and stress that I was feeling, I remembered something that one of my professors reminded me when I was complaining about not having control over every single detail of my life.
"Be still, and know that I am God."
Something that I have a hard time overcoming is the fact that I don't have control over everything. If I'm not doing something, I can't see how things are getting better. And I guess in most cases you have to be doing something to see an end result. But I'm working on letting life take its course.
**I hope that you all remember this nugget of wisdom when you are also trying desperately to sell your contract on craigslist.
two mondays... agree - they suck:)
ReplyDeleteGet used to "not having control" - you seldom will!
ReplyDeleteOnly over your own thoughts and actions!
Two Mondays do stink! So what are you up to? Are you going to classes? Shoot me an email; I don't have Facebook anymore :(
ReplyDeleteyour megalomaniac professor sounds like he has a God complex.
ReplyDeletegood point hannah
ReplyDeleteI think the frustrating thing is that we're still supposed to get everything done in the shorter week that we would if we had another day. I don't work on Mondays and Wednesdays, and my boss is getting all on me because I haven't finished something yet. Blame the past presidents! Talk about irritating.
ReplyDelete